School Completion Programme
The School Completion Programme (SCP), in the Child and Family Agency , Dept of Children and Youth Affairs aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of pupil attendance, retention and participation in primary and post-
The main aims of the School Completion Programme are:
• To retain young people in the formal education system to completion of the Senior Cycle, or equivalent.
• To improve quality of participation and educational attainment of targeted children and young people in the educational process.
• To bring together all local stakeholders (home, school, youth, community, statutory and voluntary) to tackle early school leaving.
• To offer positive supports in primary and post-
• To encourage young people who have left mainstream education to return to school.
• To influence in a positive way policies relating to the prevention of early school leaving in the education system
SCP Support Worker
School Completion Activities
Social Skills After Schools Clubs
Attendance Monitoring Month
After School Outings